First impressions count, and in this century where majority of the population have access to the internet, your online brand presentation is equivalent to a first meeting with your customer so you have to impress. Your online brand should have an impact on those you are targeting because it will form the image of your company when you are not around. Failing to invest in building your brand can be detrimental to your business even if you concentrate on making sales.
If you invest in your online brand, you are in effect building an entity that will keep customers coming back. It will increase customers’ awareness about your company, build your reputation, and make customers seek you out and be loyal to your business. online branding will boost incremental revenue resulting in growth of your business. there is no sure way of driving leads without having a good brand.
How can build your brand online?
there are a number of strategies that can help build a brand online, which should be considered.
- Audience research: You cannot effectively build a successful brand online if you do not invest in researching your audience well before embarking on implementing communication plans and content strategies. With tools from companies such as Google, you can carry out your research and gather information such gender, age and location among others.
- Give your brand a voice: Now that you have research on your audience, think of the message you want to pass across as well as what your audience might want. You should try to keep your mind open to all ideas. With this, you can form your brand’s voice. Having consistency in the message you deliver is also important.
- Balance online media mix: To effectively build your brand, utilize display and content networks and get your advertisements out to your target audience. You can do this by using the various targeting strategies such as site specific behavioral targeting, re-messaging and ensuring that there is consistency between the brand name and the messaging and the title tags. Having consistent messages through the buying cycle, consumers are able to recall your brand when they want to purchase a product.
- social media integration: plan your integration of social media by first considering a number of things such as which social media platform is good for your business and the type of interaction you want to have with your consumers. To do this successfully, look the conversations in social media about your brand and if there is none, start a conversation yourself and watch out for the comments and replies. If you do this and treat social media interactions as a conversation; this will help equip you with enough information to make intelligent decisions.
- Build your reputation online: Building a reputation will take time and effort and may require you to use any existing partnerships you have offline thus building backlinks to lead traffic back to your website. This will also increase your online presence meaning that whenever users search the internet, the chance of them coming across your website are high and over time you’re your reputation will become strong.